Who's actually played Mopercs?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Who's actually played Mopercs?

Postby pcastag » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Another one that really demonstrates the clean tones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbkWWB0a5-Y

PC
PC
pcastag

Postby congamyk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 am

Finally got my new Moperc congas. They are really nice drums.
Here' a video of my friend Zeus playing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4fl0UOIqRs
congamyk

Postby Congadelica » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Nice , ok mike we need some eye candy get some pics up man . beautiful sounding instruments . I bet you cant keeo your hands off them .

M
Congadelica

Postby Anonimo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:31 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Attachments
19450_1289777975613_1565146869_31030197_1499281_n[1].jpg
Anonimo

Postby congamyk » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 am

^ I found a video of Manu soloing on those blue mopercs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwhcyBpmqI
congamyk

Postby CongaTick » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Besides the conguro, the sax player and the guy on the bell, almost everybody else on stage looked as if they would have preferred being anywhere else than where they were. I could almost feel them about to look at their watches, yawn, and wonder how long it would be before they could get out of there.
CongaTick

Postby umannyt » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 am

CongaTick wrote:Besides the conguro, the sax player and the guy on the bell, almost everybody else on stage looked as if they would have preferred being anywhere else than where they were. I could almost feel them about to look at their watches, yawn, and wonder how long it would be before they could get out of there.

I agree. It behooves the band leader, if any, or anyone concerned to educate each member of the entire band regarding proper stage presence and some kind of showmanship even if he/she isn't playing/singing during certain portions of the song.

Whether bandmembers like it or not, whatever attitude they project on stage rubs off on the audience. From personal experience and the experience of other live performers who have performed often enough, nothing is more infectious for the audience than to watch the bandmembers having a great time on stage while they're performing.
umannyt

Postby pcastag » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:56 am

umannyt wrote:
CongaTick wrote:Besides the conguro, the sax player and the guy on the bell, almost everybody else on stage looked as if they would have preferred being anywhere else than where they were. I could almost feel them about to look at their watches, yawn, and wonder how long it would be before they could get out of there.

I agree. It behooves the band leader, if any, or anyone concerned to educate each member of the entire band regarding proper stage presence and some kind of showmanship even if he/she isn't playing/singing during certain portions of the song.

Whether bandmembers like it or not, whatever attitude they project on stage rubs off on the audience. From personal experience and the experience of other live performers who have performed often enough, nothing is more infectious for the audience than to watch the bandmembers having a great time on stage while they're performing.

Tell that to Miles davis.
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby umannyt » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 am

pcastag wrote:Tell that to Miles davis.PC

pcastag,

Fyi, I'm a big fan of Miles Davis and other jazz greats like Thelonius Monk and others too numerous to mention.

I was responding specifically to the Latin group on the video that CongaTick commented on. I wasn't pertaining to a Jazz band--or a classical music group. I probably should have been more specific about the genres of music to which my previous comments apply. Then again, this is Congaboard and not some Jazz or classical-music forum, isn't it?

How about you and your band: Do you all try to look like Miles Davis when you play live gigs?
umannyt

Postby pcastag » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:27 pm

That was actually said tongue in cheek, no I enjoy myself too much playing, although I'm sure there have been a few occasions when I didn't look too happy. :(
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby congamyk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 am

PC you crack me up man. :D

congamyk

Postby umannyt » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:54 am

pcastag wrote:That was actually said tongue in cheek,...
PC

PC,

Me, too. What I said about you and your band perhaps looking like Miles Davis when you play was also said with tongue in cheek. :wink: I just forgot to use an emoticon.
umannyt

Postby congamyk » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 am

A few photos from my set.

congamyk

Munequitos on Mopercs

Postby pcastag » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 pm

PC
pcastag

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:55 am

I was yawning watching it. Boring. Switched it off about half way through the solo. NIce looking drums though.

Mike, your drums look beautiful! 8) Love that pic with all of them in it.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to CongaSet and accessories