Skin Supplier List

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Skin Supplier List

Postby Chupacabra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 am

Anything with hooves and/or fur in Pakistan will most certainly be stricken with some sort of parasite or disease. I suspect the reason that they crack, as Leedy states, could be due to the fact that the hides probably have to be soaked in something extremely harsh (stronger lime than usual to remove fur) or even boiled to kill what ever it's hosting.
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Postby pcastag » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:09 am

Chupacabra wrote:Anything with hooves and/or fur in Pakistan will most certainly be stricken with some sort of parasite or disease. I suspect the reason that they crack, as Leedy states, could be due to the fact that the hides probably have to be soaked in something extremely harsh (stronger lime than usual to remove fur) or even boiled to kill what ever it's hosting.

Seriously? I'm not sure how to take that statement. If there was such a problem I think somebody would've stopped their importation to the US some time ago. Definitely not the best cured skins , but it's kind of a harsh statement your're making about Pakistan, that all their goats and horses sheep etc. are disease ridden with parasites!
PC
pcastag

Postby Anonimo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:52 pm

JohnnyConga

Postby Hawker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:27 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:http://youtu.be/sBGxL0HUQzc

Whew...super nice Johnny! If only he had more drums. :)
Hawker

Postby congabluedog » Tue May 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Hey CP members...This post is really long overdue but I really wanted to say that I have dealt with Mike and L&H Percussion for several of my skins and the product and service he offers is excellent. I own many drums and I can say that because of the skins he put on my Pallisades Park LPs they are one of my best sounding bongos. They scream. Again, I have alot of drums but I keep picing up my LPs because of Mike's skins. My Garfields came out really nice too. I will be bringing Mike my Maywood NJ bongos and also the Red Tito Puente Vergara. Anyway...L&H is great and just wanted to tell you about my experience. JAcqui
photo-3.JPG
photo-2.JPG
photo-1.JPG
congabluedog

Postby El Greco » Fri May 25, 2012 10:08 pm

HIGH QUALITY GREEK MULE SKINS From EL GRECO@DESCARGA PERCUSSION On A Vintage Curly Koa Wood Bongos " Signature Series - JACK COSTANZO " From VOLCANO PERCUSSION

FOR INFO :

DESCARGA PERCUSSION

Email : descargapercussion@yahoo.com
Facebook : Descarga Percussion & Descarga Percussion II
Attachments
BongoM1.jpg
HIGH QUALITY GREEK MULE SKINS@DESCARGA PERCUSSION
BongoM2.jpg
HIGH QUALITY GREEK MULE SKIN@DESCARGA PERCUSSION
DESCARGA PERCUSSION
High Quality Greek Mule Skins
descargapercussion@yahoo.com
El Greco

Postby Marcus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Way back on Aug 22, Dende mentioned Drumskulls sell steer skins for congas. Checked out the site and was wondering if anyone on the forum has experience with their skins. I know the people at Drumskulls are great to work with was interested in reviews on the steer skins.

thx, marcus
Marcus

Postby mistrc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Like many of you, I have purchased skins from several sources on this list and have found Michael @ L&H Percussions to be
the most consistent in quality and price :D
mistrc

Postby vxla » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:41 am

I can't get a reply from Stern Tanning after trying to order skins for congas 3 weeks ago. Who else would you think about getting a few heads for a set of Gio Galaxy's from?
vxla

Postby pcastag » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Try Bill Confer, listed up top, great skins to your specification, usually when a drum says it has texas rawhide on it they come from bill.

bconfer@merrickpetcare.com

12" are $17

14" are $24

16" are $31

18" are $39

20" are $48

22" are $58
PC
pcastag

Postby Thaiconga » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:54 am

Does anyone know when L and H will be up and running again? I know he went on a long vacation. Thank you!
Thaiconga

Postby Marcus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 pm

I have tried Michael earlier this summer and he got back to me saying he was going through a "reorg" or something like that. I am looking for a mule skin for my Quinto and wondering if the forum members can suggest an alternate supplier.

thx, marcus
Marcus

Postby bongosnotbombs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 pm

look in the list you just posted in, first page.
bongosnotbombs

Postby Marcus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:42 pm

I was thinking that a recommendation from someone who has recently purchaised a mule skin would help. I will try LandH again, otherwise I am just banging on doors not knowing if anyone will answer.

...marcus
Marcus

PreviousNext

Return to CongaSet and accessories