Skin Supplier List

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Re: Skin Supplier List

Postby bongosnotbombs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 pm

that list is the recommendation list.
bongosnotbombs

Postby bongosnotbombs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:38 pm

that list is the recommendation list. those were posted by members here. Isaac and the greek guy also sell mule.
bongosnotbombs

Postby Marcus » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:55 pm

Got an email from Issac, he no longer has mule skins.

....Marcus
Marcus

Postby No.2-1820 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm

I've bought skins from all over the place over the years but the best skins, of any kind, that I've ever received, were from Isaac.
Last edited by No.2-1820 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.2-1820

Postby Marcus » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Got my mule skins from El Greco yesterday in the mail. They are flawless! I have been searching around for mule skins and he appeared to be the only one during this time. My experience was pretty darn good. Thru our emails we volleyed back and forth discussing thickness, conga make and payment directions. When money was transfered he informed of mailing date and expected wait. Even with the strike in Greece--about 10 days, I expected at lease 12.

...Marcus
Marcus

Postby mjw001 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have anyrecommendations on skin suppliers in the UK or europe?

Cheers.
mjw001

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Best thing you can do is to look here:
http://www.banux.de/felle-pergamente/pe ... uecke.html
THey have got amazing skins!
And at a very moderate price level.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby Thaiconga » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 am

Ryan from Manito Percussion http://www.manitopercussion.com/skins/ has an amazing variety of skins. He can also help you decide what to put on your drum. He even has camel skin!
Thaiconga

Postby apollo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Try Bill Confer, listed up top, great skins to your specification, usually when a drum says it has texas rawhide on it they come from bill.
bconfer@merrickpetcare.com

Well that didn't work and landhpercussion is not up and running yet. I need a couple of skins for my old school GB's and it looks like Manito has some cow or steer available, but is $100 bucks for two 16 inchers with tax and shipping to the west coast decent? I have never tried Manito's.
apollo

Postby Mr.Rumba » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 am

I just ordered 4 skins for my old LP congas from Manito. He is super knowledgable and very helpful as well. The prices are quite fair, too. I also ordered bongos and congas from him recently. He just sent me a super thin mule skin for my djembe as well!
Mr.Rumba

Postby Mr.Rumba » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:03 am

This is a new article on skins for your drums I wrote for my blog page with the help (an interview) with Ryan Manito Wendell of Manito Percussion.http://michaelpluznick.com/2013/02/15/how-to-make-your-drum-sound-great-by-michael-p-with-ryan-manito-wendell/
Mr.Rumba

Postby pcastag » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:37 pm

apollo wrote:Try Bill Confer, listed up top, great skins to your specification, usually when a drum says it has texas rawhide on it they come from bill.
bconfer@merrickpetcare.com

Well that didn't work and landhpercussion is not up and running yet. I need a couple of skins for my old school GB's and it looks like Manito has some cow or steer available, but is $100 bucks for two 16 inchers with tax and shipping to the west coast decent? I have never tried Manito's.

What happened with Bill Confer skins?
PC
pcastag

Postby apollo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:33 pm

What happened with Bill Confer skins?[/quote]

I used this link( bconfer@merrickpetcare.com) and I never got a reply, nothing not even a peep. Although L and H percussion did get back to me with a automated Email..... In short, saying they are working on getting things back up and running from the aftermath of Sandy, and that's cool because I really like their product and prices.

I never mentioned this nor have I heard anyone else on this form, but I used to get some of the smoothest skins with no flaws or scratches, even thickness from a guy named Robert Felcher, which many of you may know of. Honestly, they were perfect. I have not heard from him in a long time but his cow skins were sweet! I don't think I gave him enough business only buying one or two skins at a time, he just stopped returning my emails.

I do plan on giving Manito a call this week to purchase a couple of his special process skins, They shur look nice on the website
apollo

Postby pcastag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Hmmm, last time I communicated with him was in june, I've bought two sides from him before and two rounds, always top notch stuff.
PC
pcastag

Postby pcastag » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 pm

PC
pcastag

PreviousNext

Return to CongaSet and accessories