Using Drum Software like Fruity Loops?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby congamyk » Thu May 11, 2006 4:43 am

I recently purchased Fruity Loops drum/percussion software and I'm wondering if others use it and for what?

I build backing tracks and do my own thing on live/organic percussion for recording and live performance.

I'm still learning this program and hope to upload some samples later.
congamyk

Postby Smejmoon » Thu May 11, 2006 8:50 am

congamyk wrote:I recently purchased Fruity Loops drum/percussion software and I'm wondering if others use it and for what?

I build backing tracks and do my own thing on live/organic percussion for recording and live performance.

I'm still learning this program and hope to upload some samples later.

I'm using it sometimes as a metronome, or when I read some difficult music sheet. Also when transcribing I use it to verify myself.

I don't use it for creating music. My education and skills are lacking. And I find live music so much better ;)
Smejmoon

Postby zaragemca » Thu May 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Saludos,several of the DJ"s which I'm working,(when not playing with bands),could use those softwares to do Remix,putting them on CD's and jamming it on the Clubs.Dr. Zaragemca

Edited By zaragemca on 1147365065
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby bongoron » Thu May 11, 2006 6:01 pm

My son uses a simple zoom pedal with a whole bunch of preprogrammed drum patterns to perform as a solo act. It's pretty amazing how good that sounds..I imagine what you're doing is much better. Congratulations! That's what I'd use it for...playing my guitar while singing original material, like he does. He even used it one night when our drummer and bass player couldn't make a gig...turned a three piece band into a passable four piece.

God bless!
-Ron
bongoron

Re: Using Drum Software like Fruity Loops?

Postby Kaban » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Greetings to all,

I recently got Fruity Loops Express (base software) and I can't figure out how to add conga tones :!: Can I add my recording to the software, or are there conga sound samples out there? Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you in advance.

Godspeed,
Kaban
Kaban

Postby Seneferu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:53 pm

There is a company called Beamz Interactive Systems. They sell a digital musical instrument called the Beamz that uses laser beams to produce music via computer. Fat Congas did licensed their conga and perhaps even their cajon sounds to this company. I do not know if that is still the case. I will be selling this instrument on my website as soon as aI am up and running again. Their website is www.thebeamz.com. I will let those who are interested know when I am back up.

Seneferu
Seneferu

Postby congamyk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:38 am

Kaban wrote:Greetings to all,
I recently got Fruity Loops Express (base software) and I can't figure out how to add conga tones :!: Can I add my recording to the software, or are there conga sound samples out there? Does anyone know how to do this? Thank you in advance.
Godspeed,
Kaban

Hello Kaban, there are a few conga tones in the Fruity Loops version I have.
They are OK sounds, not great, but you can tweek them using the digital effects.
They are in:

Extra Samples > Vintage
look for Lc (Low Conga)

Also...

House Loops > Drum
Look for 626lcnga (low conga)
Look for 727lbng (low Bongo)
Look for 727hbng (High Bongo)

Here is a short demo made a few years ago using a Fruity Loops backing track, then I mixed live cowbell and congas on separate tracks.

https://soundcloud.com/mikemillerjazz/troostin-fruity-loops-congas
congamyk

Postby Kaban » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 am

CongaMYK!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Everytime I see your name, I think of those Moperc drums of yours.
Kaban

Return to CongaSet and accessories