Pearl conga cradle/stands - Pearl conga cradle/stands

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Mezcaldrum » Wed May 19, 2004 3:27 am

Hey Johnny I was looking into LP's collapsible cradle stands for my Congas. However, a guy at the music store suggested I check out the Pearl stands. He suggested that they were very versatile and stable as well but a better deal. He was also a percussionist but plays salsa style seated. I need something for when I play pop/dance gigs and have my whole kit set up with timbales and toys.

What say you maestro JC?

Anybody else experience these?
Mezcaldrum

Postby otto » Wed May 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Hi Mezcaldrum

I was also looking for a stand for my drums ( LP Performer Series) I picked up a brand new LP two drum stand on EBAY for 38.00 a great deal. But I noticed its ok for the Quinto and Conga but it doesn't quite work for la Tumba I was also considering a stand from Pearl they make a universal one that supposed to fit all drums I wanted to get one for the tumba they were on ebay a couple of weeks ago for 39.00 but not there now I'm sure if I check they will be back but I have seen them for about 60.00 on other sites I'm just not sure if they are worth getting. Maybe JC, Tonio, James or Raymond or some of the others call help us.

"Play the drum the groove will come"

Otto
otto

Postby ALKEBULAN » Wed May 19, 2004 4:21 pm

Yo, check out Gibralter's conga stands. They can be used seated or standing
ALKEBULAN

Postby Johnny Conga » Wed May 19, 2004 4:55 pm

I use of course the Pearl stands for my drums. They are resonable in price, they are also Height adjustable, and work for me very well. GOTO the Pearl Percussion page,for stands and accessories to check them out. They also can break down and easy to carry around, versus the cumbersome LP stands, that are too heavy to lug around and set up. My 2 congas...JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Postby Juzzi » Fri May 21, 2004 9:15 pm

Hello.
I play with Pearl PC900 stands. I've been satisfied with them.
They are tiltable and you can also use them with djembe and other "odd" shaped drums.

-J
Juzzi

Postby Tonio » Fri May 21, 2004 10:41 pm

I have LP double stand and 2 collapsible stands. I agree with JC, they are heavy and combersome. But they are strong and adjustable. I got used to lugging them around.

Gibralter stands, from what I remember is they fit any size, but
I faintly remember they didn't fit my height needs. I am 6'1" FWIW, it just would'nt go high enough for me.

T
Tonio

Postby mangorockfish » Sat May 22, 2004 12:27 am

I've got the Gibraltar stands and they are great. Very strong and no belts or collapsable. They fit all sizes and look good too.
Saludos :D
mangorockfish

Return to CongaSet and accessories