source of skin heads

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby mco » Wed May 19, 2004 10:50 am

I saw this ad/annoucement in a newsletter I received from VintageDrums.com and thought it would be of interest to CongaBoard readers. (BTW, What's a Slunk?)

<<<Stern Tanning Co., Inc. has acquired the process and equipment formerly utilized by UNITED RAWHIDE of Chicago. We have modernized and improved on the traditional techniques and equipment in order to offer the highest grade premium calf heads. We guarantee a quality of evenness and finish (precision machine sanded and buffed) that rivals or even surpasses the best European heads. Custom sizes, thicknesses, untucked or tucked on metal or wood flesh hoops. Goat, Slunk, Kip and Steer also Available.

• Snare Drum Heads (white or translucent)
• Bass Drum Heads
• Timpani Drum Heads
• Tambourine Heads
• Bongo and Conga Drum Heads
• Taiko Drum Heads
• Bodhran Drum Heads

Contact us:
STERN TANNING CO., INC.
P.O. Box 55
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
Phone (920) 467-8615, fax (920) 467-8694, e-mail: sterntanning@powercom.net >>>
mco

Postby mco » Wed May 19, 2004 10:52 am

Let's try this again......

Stern Tanning Co., Inc. has acquired the process and equipment formerly utilized by UNITED RAWHIDE of Chicago. We have modernized and improved on the traditional techniques and equipment in order to offer the highest grade premium calf heads. We guarantee a quality of evenness and finish (precision machine sanded and buffed) that rivals or even surpasses the best European heads. Custom sizes, thicknesses, untucked or tucked on metal or wood flesh hoops. Goat, Slunk, Kip and Steer also Available.

• Snare Drum Heads (white or translucent)
• Bass Drum Heads
• Timpani Drum Heads
• Tambourine Heads
• Bongo and Conga Drum Heads
• Taiko Drum Heads
• Bodhran Drum Heads

Contact us:
STERN TANNING CO., INC.
P.O. Box 55
Sheboygan Falls, WI 53085
Phone (920) 467-8615, fax (920) 467-8694, e-mail: sterntanning@powercom.net
mco

Postby Johnny Conga » Wed May 19, 2004 5:01 pm

SLUNK????? I will give them a call,if nobody else does to find out what the #### is SLUNK????......JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Postby CongaCaja » Wed May 19, 2004 6:49 pm

Maybe it's a misspelling and they intended "skunk". However, I can't imagine that one could make anything more than a bongo head from such a small animal.

If my theory is correct, I would want to be sure that the thing doesn't smell bad. :p
CongaCaja

Postby Tonio » Wed May 19, 2004 11:44 pm

Slunk??? what is it??? I don't have a foggy idea, I looked it up
2slink n 1a: the young of an animal (as a calf) brought forth prematurely b: the flesh or skin of such a calf
2slink adj1: born prematurely orbortively.

Sooo sounds like veal skin??? :O

I still a few cowhide skin (segun and tumba size) left I got from United before they shut down. I used the quinto one a few months back and it sound bueno!!

Gotta try some mule!
T
Tonio

Return to CongaSet and accessories