New stands

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby mangorockfish » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:37 pm

Hey guys,
Well, yesterday, I picked up my new Gibralter conga stands. I know stands are not the traditional way to play and perhaps someday I will go back to sitting them on the floor. As for now, it seems to make getting to all three drums so much easier and being the beginner that I am, I need all the help I can get. :D
I've also been practicing with some of the original songs that my band does that I play drumset on so we may be doing some accoustic gigs in the future. BTW, it didn't sound too bad for a "white boy".
Have a great what's left of the weekend. :blues:
mangorockfish

Postby Raymond » Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:29 pm

Nothing wrong in using stands. Don't let the "tradition" shy away from them. They have a reason to be....more volume and flexibility to do other things....Don't worry!

Enjoy your new stands!

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby mangorockfish » Tue May 18, 2004 11:30 am

Been playing my drums in their new stands now for about six weeks and I believe that stands are cool and have their place, but I think I'm going back to the sitting position.
mangorockfish

Return to CongaSet and accessories