Check us out - new tracks

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby kmmurrdog » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:58 am

You'll find some congas in tracks 1 and 3. I laid down all the percussion. Nothing spectacular, just something to groove to.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://diojee.com/download.html
kmmurrdog

Postby congamyk » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:51 am

sounds like the white-boy shuffle to me, try learning a few real conga patterns and rudiments.
congamyk

Postby Johnny Conga » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:18 pm

Okay let's not be rude,a-ight? Try learning some white boy shuffles aint that easy either.....not everything is built around the conga and rudiments .How about "styles" and then the use of latin instrumentation......Peace...JC JOHNNY CONGA..... :;):
Johnny Conga

Postby congamyk » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:09 pm

that's not being rude dumbass.... being rude is sticking your dumbass opinion on what I wrote. It's obvious he doesn't know anything about playing the instrument. You are pissing me off Johnny-suck-ass. He asked me to check it out and i did and told him what I think so fuck off. You act like you know everything there is to know, well you don't know shit. Go suck up to someone else.
congamyk

Postby congamyk » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:12 pm

And another thing... I posted about KCRumba, a jam sesion about players in Kansas City, and a link to the website. You said some smart-ass comment about Kansas City, like you couldn't imagine a rumba session here. You are nothing but a washed up old ####### that puts down others. I say fuck you asswipe.
congamyk

Postby James M » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:16 am

hey congamyk. Is that a pandiero you play, or a pandeiro? I've never heard of a pandiero.
James M

Postby franc » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:08 am

congamyk, how long have you been playing??? it looks that the dumbass is yourself. your fustration and lack of self respect as a musicians is coming out of your pores. you don't have to be rude and ignorant!! you don't know ''kmmurrdog'' and as i see it much less''johnny conga''. i suggest you learn some manners and musical respect from the''pros'' we are all in this together!! ''aché'' to all in the forum!! ''con el coqui en clave'' franc:D
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby James M » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:10 am

Muito axé, Franc!
James M

Postby congastu » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:47 am

Where can I get a pandiero? Sounds like great fun- does it have a nice shuffle?
Peace and love to JC, Kmmurrdog, James, Franc and all other happy spirits
"Nit bena la" [ people are one]
"get angry with the conga and it will only get angry back at you"
Congastu
congastu

Postby congastu » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:40 am

Hi Kmmurrdog
I just listened to track one and it sounded fine- you give nothing more or less to the groove than what is needed, which is always good.
In fact, if I was going to be critical Id move in the opposite direction from Congamyk and say you could afford to give less credence to whats traditional and more to the style, as JC put it, of what youre playing. Youve got a drum kit for company rather than clave/cascara etc so maybe you can think more about what the snare and bass drum are doing. I put some rhythms in the forum on the "rolling Stones" and both those grooves would give a gentle funky edge. Thats not to say youre wrong in the slightest- just that with different slants you can influence the music in different ways. At the end of the day, we talk about right and wrong, good or bad, but a lot of it comes down to personal preference. As Giovanni Hidalgo says "you are your own boss!"
Peace and love, Stu
congastu

Postby congamyk » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:45 am

franc, you don't knw anything about me, and you are the dumbass for acting like you do. I suggest you READ and learn before opening your mouth. I have been playing sax & singing professionally for 15 years and congas & timbales for 10. One doesn't have to be an expert to listen to what the guy played and understand that he doesn't know how to play. I merely recommended that he learn some rudiments. Then Johnny-know-it-all butts in with his jabs... RECOMMENDING THAT ONE LEARN THE RUDIMENTS IS A GOOD THING. But punk ass johnny in his PUNK ASS style, has to take pussy jabs in this forum. I will set his punk ass straight from now on. Don't learn the rudiments then.... who cares?
congamyk

Postby Johnny Conga » Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:02 pm

Yo congaMyk..I guess your on the rag or something. Check your EGO at the door young man. I don';t know what crawled up your butt, but we don"t need your type of critique here on this site . Why don't you go somewhere else where you can be appreciated for your vocabulary of slurs and curses. Slandering will get you know where. People get sued for that you know. Why am I a punk? You don't know me and never will. What ever hole you crawled out of I'd recommend you crawl back into. And I have waisted more words on you than you deserve or are worth.........Goodbye.....NEXT!.....JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Postby Juzzi » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:03 am

Johnny is right. The site won't need this kind of attitude. Proper critique is always welcome but this guy went too far. Relax man...

-J
Juzzi

Postby congamyk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:56 am

screw you Johnny moron and go wipe your nose. You like to talk big but I know and people that know you think you are a punk. You act like some big-time conga guy, you are a loser. Take that and put it in your critique.
congamyk

Postby James M » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:08 am

Congamyc, son of Èsù. Laróyè!

E má won léébá nón, Kò rí ìjà
E má jékí, kò rí ìjà

Edited By James M on 1080609054
James M

Next

Return to CongaSet and accessories