Check us out - new tracks

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Johnny Conga » Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:27 pm

Hey Congamyk...where do you live. I'd like to pay you a visit so we can "talk"......JC JOHNNYCONGA.... :;):
Johnny Conga

Postby kmmurrdog » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:14 pm

Congamyk, thank you for all of your constructive feedback. It is truly an honor to know that someone of your caliber sacrificed enough of his precious time to listen to our tunes. I am truly grateful.

I, unlike you, have not been playing congas and timbales for 10 years. I picked up a set about two years ago and didn't start learning proper technique till some time in the last year. And according to you, I still haven’t learned, so thank you for setting me straight.

Please post some of your recordings. Someone with so much criticism must have some good stuff laid down. I would love to hear some licks from one of the greats like you.

I have little to no interest in Latin style. I appreciate the roots of the instrument. I, however, am a white boy in a band of white boys and I do what I can to fill in the groove. And I obviously suck at it. Thanks again. Now I know.

You are truly a CPOS. Please be sure and use plenty of those fancy explicatives in your future posts. They say a lot about you.

To those that responded WITHOUT a boatload of negative energy, thanks, especially congastu. I appreciate it and will check out the rhythms that you referenced. Johnny, you have my respect.

And I apologize for posting this in the Congaset and Accessories forum. It just happens to be the one forum where I have spent the most time, but probably not the most appropriate place for my post.

KM
kmmurrdog

Postby stlouieray » Fri May 07, 2004 12:20 pm

Hats-off to you kmmurrdog, for your well thought response. The only thing I can say about JC is: He's a professional, that takes his valuable time to help others, through his postings here. When you're someone that is new, or a professional too, it's important to get good information. Johnny doesn't have to offer any information at all. He could be a stuck-up snob, like we've all run into in this industry. The prima donna types, that as soon as they get an ounce of popularity, they stop knowing the people that brought them to that level.

I've been playing for over 25 years, and I always check my ego at the door.

Ray
:cool:
stlouieray

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories