Selling My Original Valje Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Doctorumba » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:05 am

Selling a pair of Valje conga and tumba.Original early 70's from Tom Flores shop in LA in excellent condition.Conga 12" ,Tumba 13",big beautiful bellies.See them on Ebay item # 3703518371.Valjes were the first quality professional congas manufactured in the USA,Flores opened his shop in 1954. Saludos, Dario :)
Doctorumba

Postby Johnny Conga » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:01 pm

Vaya Dario ,como anda mi socio?....aqui soy yo JC. Tengo una banda nueva se llama "Tumba Caliente". Got some good players too. I also may becoming into Miami this summer for some gigs at the Museum on 125th st and 7th ave. and some other places. I am also working on trying to get a producer for my next CD. Know anybody that would want to invest in me? I already have a contract in my hands from Latin Cool records for Distribution/Sales on their site....Missing you and the guys.....Paz...JC JOHNNY CONGA.... :;):
Johnny Conga

Postby Doctorumba » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:47 pm

JC, abrazos mi hermano !
I,m glad you're coming down to Miami.Let me know so we can hang,I've been playing with Miguel Cruz some,other than that is quiet here,you know the Miami scene.I attended the Mongo tribute in NYC in Dec. 2003.I was one of the speakers along with Marty Sheller and Valery Capers.Ray Barretto and Candido showed up but they didn't play,they were paying their respect.Ileanita,Mongo's youngest,put on quite a show with a tune she wrote "Para Papa".Mongo's old band mates were there and played,Victor Venegas,Bobby Porcelli,Sonny Fortune,Ray Vega.....Oye, let me know when you come down.Ache pa' ti,acere. Dario :)
Doctorumba

Return to CongaSet and accessories