pearl conga stands?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby K » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:16 am

Hello.
Has anyone any comments about Pearl's conga stands?
I'm thinking of buying them. I have LP Classics. Do they fit?
K

Postby stlouieray » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:47 pm

:)

I would think that they do, but don't know the specific answer. They appeared to be adjustable. I'm gonna get closer to em myself, to see how they're priced etc.

I've got 3 Giovanni Hidaalgo, Galaxy Series Congas, that I'd like to do the same. In the meantime, I modified the old LP Aspire stands I have to accomodate what I have today.
stlouieray

Postby Raymond » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:30 pm

Go to Pearl's site and write to Glen Caruba. (Recommend you go to their Drummer's forum and go to the Hand Percussion). He's an outstanding guy and he'll respond to your question as soon as he can.

Saludos!
Raymond

Postby Johnny Conga » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:01 pm

I use Pearl conga stands, they are basket type but adjustable and can break down. Not like the cumbersom LP heavy duty stands that weigh a ton. Got to Pearl.com and check them out on the site....Oh BTW they are very reasonably priced ...At your Service.....JC JOHNNY CONGA..........
Johnny Conga

Postby pidoca » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:00 pm

Hi.

Have you thought of the meinl conga stands. they are really sturdy and look great in chrome. :) I have them for my mongo congas and couldn't be happier.
But I guess the best way is to take your congas to a good shop in your area and place them in all the different stands. You can and see what fits; what looks good from an audience view and also what will hold the congas in place for the desired time. Remember to also look at the bits of the stand that will touch your congas, usually rubber,and make sure that it is of good quality. I have seen some inferior stands actually leave marks on the congas or break away under pressure and then the metal scratches the wood.:(

Good luck

Pidoca in oz
pidoca

Postby CongaBoy » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:02 am

Hello JC.
Are your stands PC900 Universal?
CongaBoy

Postby Johnny Conga » Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:06 pm

Actually I have the basket stands that aren't in the last catalog I have from Pearl. I don't remember the listed number for them either. Try your local music store drum catalog from Pearl....At your Service..JC JOHNNY CONGA....
Johnny Conga

Return to CongaSet and accessories