LP double stand, with different drums - Is it doable?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby daledrums » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:44 pm

I'm curious about those parts of the stand that support the sides of the drums. I may want to use dissimilar congas mounted on it, a Meinl Floatune quinto and an LP Galaxy Giovanni conga and due to the slightly different profile of the Meinl I may want to adjust those side supports. Are they adjustable either "up and down" or "in and out".
daledrums

Postby Raymond » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:13 pm

If it is the LP double stand, I do not think you could adjust the metal part that has the two "screws" sticking out in which you put the "devices or holders" screwed into the conga that has two holes. (I think is welded into the tube of the stand).

What you could adjust is the "device" attached to the conga. Is a pain, because putting those two "wing" devices into the conga you need a small screw driver and sticking your hand into the drum unless you take the head out which is easier. I think that if you cannot adjust those "devices" attached to the congas adjusting the "another brand" conga will be difficult.

The aforementioned problem you are encountering with compatibility with the brands of the congas and the "double one base and piece stand", is the reason people are getting the "collapsible craddle type" stands that are individual for each conga and that you just stick the bottom of the conga into the stand. Those stands allow you to close them to accomodate the bottom of any kind of conga and for tilting of any conga you might want slightly tilted. You best bet is to invest in this type of stand. I am aware they are expensive!

Saludos
Raymond

Postby zaragemca » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:38 pm

I double you up Raymond,I have students which have to do that in order to accomodate differents brands,also it gives more freedom when trying to set up the configuration of the set.

Edited By zaragemca on Dec. 12 2003 at 15:39
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Return to CongaSet and accessories