Drum machine ?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby HappySlapper » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:50 am

Greetings all,

I'm new here. Great forum. Tons of info and advice and a friendly atmosphere.

I'm based just south of Paris (this site seems very US centred - how many Euros are there here???). I've been playing for a little over 18 months and started lessons a year ago with the mighty Arnold Moueza.
I know that it's taboo for some purists but I'm interested in getting a cheapish drum machine that I can programe a bass line, clave, cowbell patterns into.

Any advice?

Cheers
Steve
:)
HappySlapper

Postby Conuno » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:14 am

Salut Steve,

I don't have experience with drum machine, but it should be really good for practicing at home.

I wanted only to mention that I live in Austria and welcome to the forum !!

A bientôt,

Conuno
Conuno

Postby Simon B » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:46 pm

Hey some might say I''n not technically Euro, but as a Brit I can't claim to be state-side!

Simon B
Simon B

Postby HappySlapper » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:01 am

Greetings all from the Paris burbs on this dreary Tuesday morning.

Simon, sorry to disappoint you but you are a Euro - you just haven't switched currency... yet.

SO - any advice on a decent little drum machine guys and gals?
HappySlapper

Postby hifi-unit » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:23 am

hello, one tip: use your computer as a drum machine, for example with fruiti loops, where you can use your own samples yet, if you want. You only need a cheap soundcard and certainly a hifi-unit or so.
Regards
Gaudi
hifi-unit

Postby HappySlapper » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:56 am

Thanks for the advice unregistered peep but I've ended up getting a Zoom RhythmTrack 123. It's pretty nifty.
HappySlapper

Return to CongaSet and accessories