LP Performer series congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby CongaCaja » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:33 pm

I think point that Ray was trying to say is that the treatment of the LP heads seem to require a longer break in period. Also, the sound that you have when the head is new might be more different then when the head is broken in. If a heads is untreated, it will still have a shorter break in period and sound more similar when it is new to the sound that you have after the break in.

Does make sense? I am speaking only from experience of one set of LP heads (with the treatment) and later one set of non-treated heads. Perhaps others can provide more detail from their experences.

Also, I didn't like the feel of the LP heads. To me, they feel slick or slippery to my hands...especially if I had any bit of persperation on my hands. Non-treated heads feel more soft and less slippery and that is what I prefer. Anyway, this is a personal opinion. If you go to a drum store and try an LP drum and a drum from another manufacturer, you can discover what is your preference (if you don't already have one).

best of luck.... chris

Edited By CongaCaja on Sep. 22 2003 at 18:36
CongaCaja

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories