LP Performers series - how do u rate them?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Roryboy » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:13 pm

Hi

I've just bought the Pearl Elites, quinto and conga for £275 ( $450) but now i'v seen the LP Performers series for $450, and this includes the tumba aswell. -- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7....50 I could sell my pearls and get three LPs at hardly any extra cost. The thing is my pearls are wonderful, so I wouldn't want to give em up for something inferior. I'l get calfskin heads for whichever drums I end up with so chances are they're gonna sound good but can anybody give any advice? anybody had any experience with the Performer series?

Rors.
Roryboy

Postby CongaCaja » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:29 am

Hello Rors,

When I was shopping for my congas (about a year ago) I was curious about this LP Performer series as well. I couldn't find much information about them nor could I price compare because they were only available from one vendor. I learned that the reason for this is that LP sometimes makes special editions (such as this LP Performer Series) for specific vendors which you won't elsewhere.

So, I called Musican Friend and asked for some specs. Unfortunately, the sales reps at Musicians Friend were not able to give me any specific details about the drums.

My curiosity caused me to call LP directly to get some information. I was transferred around a few times, but eventually I was connected to someone who seemed to know something about the construction of the drums. He told me that one should consider these as a drum that is a bit better than the Aspire line but not quite as good as the Matador line. He did not go into detail, but it appears to me that the lug hardware comes from the Aspire line and the rims come from the Matador line. The heads are most likely buffalo skin and not cow skin.

Perhaps someone who has purchased these drums and assist you more, but in the meantime, I hope this helps.

best of luck... chris
CongaCaja

Postby Roryboy » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:22 am

Thanks Chris, think i'll keep my pearls, those performers seem like abit of a joke. Now I gota fork out extra cash for a tumba, ah well.

rory
Roryboy

Postby Raymond » Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:30 pm

Yeap! They look like Matadors with Matador rims and LP Aspire hardware. They are "professional sizes" which the Aspire do not have. That is good! They are good deal from an economic standpoint. In regards to the heads, they could be the Aspire heads.

Here depends what you want and your budget. Nevertheless, they are a good deal!
Raymond

Return to CongaSet and accessories