Conga Stand

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby CongaTone » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:26 pm

Hey guys:

Just looking for opinions on a conga stand, particularly for sitting. I have a set of LP classics, which I'll need baskets for. I've seen a few around as low as 29.99, but I'm not sure if they're any good. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tony
CongaTone

Postby fabrizio » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:14 pm

Hi, go to http://www.iwaynet.net/%7Ebjacoby/index.html : you will find there an interesting modification to the rubber feet made by LP. Nice to help You, Fabrizio.
fabrizio

Postby rhythmisit » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:04 am

Try Toca sitdown conga stands, they are low height which lifts your congas about 4" to 5" from ground. They are very sturdy and should last you forever. I use them myself. When using these stands you can produce proper bass correct tones from your congas. You can check out Discountmusic.com, they should cost around $30 each. They come in all three sizes 11, 11 3/4 & 12 1/2. Glad to be of help. :p
rhythmisit

Postby Barry Pyne » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:50 pm

I've been playing drums for over 35 years in Griffith Park (Los Angeles) and I design and make stands to fit all kinds of percussion instruments: conga, djembe, quinto, tumba, super tumba, bongo, yashiko, udu, cajon, and more.

They are hand welded, and out of good solid steel too.

I make models for playing while sitting, and playing while standing.

The inexpensive stands you mention are sold everywhere, and imported from Taiwan. Their steel does not hold up to a real pounding, and the legs bend, and you can't get replacement parts. So you'll not get long life from those if you're a Player.

If you'd care to check out my designs, please let me know at drumstands@surfside.net

In any event, I wish you luck and hope this message finds you well and happy.

Sincerely

Barry
Barry Pyne

Return to CongaSet and accessories