need some history - 35th Anniv LP

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Seb » Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:11 am

I was wondering if any one knows the history behind the makeing of the 35th anniv Lp congas and Bongo's , after what model drums were they made after and if they were limited edtions and about how many were made , I have a set of 3 and I was for ever looking for the matching bongo's , the other day I was at my local Music store here in the Bay Area and found a BRAND NEW set of 35th Anniv Bongos at (GELB music) , I bought them right away for 225.00 . I never was thinking if I got a deal just wanted them , the sales guy said that He had them for a month that LP told him that was thier last one (no More) , so was wondering just was the story on these's drums thanks sebastian
Seb

Postby Raymond » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:12 pm

The LP 35 anniversary sets of congas and bongos were a "special issue" of the regular LP classic fiberglass congas and bongos. The special thing with these congas/bongos was their shell/outside treatment which was the same as the top of the line Galaxy fiberglass congas and bongos: the sparkle on these congas/bongos was light blue with grey, and a commemorative badge. I believe these anniversary congas /bongos were issued in 1998-1999. (Besides the "sparkle" they do no share anything with the Galaxy models, Patato based conga and kevlar inside shell, etc).

When they first came out, here in Puerto Rico at the local distributor, they had them for a good price. The whole set of quinto, conga and tumba for $999 and the bongos for around $250. Yes, they were a limited edition. LP never said how many were built. If they sold well or not, I do not know. I did see Jimmy Morales, a famous conguero in the salsa genre, with a set of them and a few others.

If you want to get a history of it, contact LP customer service via e-mail at LP's web site. (http://www.lpmusic.com). Their service is pretty good and they will reply in your inquiry

I think you had a good deal based on the original prices.

Enjoy your bongos.....
Raymond

Postby RitmoBoricua » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:28 pm

Hi. If you go to http://www.musicgoround.com you will see they have a set of them 35th for $119.00 plus shipping which is around $15-20. They dot no say what kind of shape they are in. :(
RitmoBoricua

Return to CongaSet and accessories