Pearl's new practice conga

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby subito » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:01 am

Hey everybody!
I'm new to the board, and that's mostly because I'm new to congas. Well, actually I haven't ever even played one. I do, however, have a great love for them.

So, when I was ordering som guitar stuff from musician's friend, I decided to buy a practice conga and maybe buy a real set later. Little did know, this is a new thing, so I could't find reviews or anything. It should arrive this week.

So my question is, have you guys seen or heard of these? Do they play well? Can I learn on one?
subito

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:48 pm

Like the song goes.."ain't nothin like the real thing,baby"!...I would just get a conga and forget about a practice wooden pad. To me it's just another gimmick. At your Service..JC JOHNNY CONGA...Pearl Artist.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby RitmoBoricua » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:50 pm

Hi. You right that's a gimmick. Two places where I practice usually the drums themselves of course, and on my desk top at work. LP came out with a similar gadget, endorse by no other than Giovanni Hidalgo. I guess if you have the dough you can buy all sorts of gadgets, including fry and sauce pans a la Doc Gibbs on Emeril's show. :)

Edited By RitmoBoricua on June 04 2003 at 18:51
RitmoBoricua

Postby subito » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:12 pm

Well, I knew that it wouldn't be great quality, but it only cost $40. I don't have much money, and I want to learn.

I figure that even if this isn't very good I can learn on it, and then maybe get something better. What's done is done I guess, so it doesn't matte now.

Thanks for your help
subito

Return to CongaSet and accessories