afro's by pearl - skins

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby yoni » Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:51 pm

Yes, agreed, Michael. I should have kept my words here at the 2cent mark. No offense intended.
yoni

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:11 pm

OK Michael.. I think we got it now, point well taken. I love a healthy discussion and I did admit a bit of hypocracy on my part.
To each his own as they say. But I would never put plastic heads on my congas that's for sure......NEXT!.....At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA...
JohnnyConga

Postby RitmoBoricua » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:15 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:PS I will be appearing at my first World Rhythm Festival here in Seattle, it starts tonight and ends sunday night. I will be there all day tomorrow with my workshop at 4pm......... ;)

Hi. Mr. JC how did your workshop go? You know yesterday I was out in town looking for a fiberglass tumbadora and to my surprise none of the music centers had fiberglass congas in stock, that what was some news to me. In one particular shop I had the opportunity to see the Pearl Elite Wood Congas, nice real nice also I saw Pearl's fiberglass timbales. But back to congas I was talking to one of the drum department manager at this particular store and he told me, that wood is what selling now on congas. I love wood but to me you have to have fiberglass congas too, I love what Candido and Patato do with their fiberglass, all those warm melodies/armonies and not too loud either, these two Masters know what can be done with fiberglass . Like you say "the More You Have On Your Arsenal....", it's good if all possible to own wood and fiberglass congas and know their applications. :)

Edited By RitmoBoricua on April 27 2003 at 17:22
RitmoBoricua

Postby RitmoBoricua » Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:29 pm

Hi. This is for Mr.JC. How do you rate the Pearl Elite Fibeglass Congas? The reason I ask is becaue I am looking for a fiberglass tumba (12" 1/2") I already have the quinto and conga in fiberglass (LP Patato Model) I do not want to pay $400 bucks for an LP Patato Model Tumba, little too much for me. Take Care! :)
RitmoBoricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:43 am

To be honest on a scale of one to ten I give the Pearl Elites an 8. I don't have my fiberglass tumba yet, I am waiting for it. My Pearl Elite fiberglass quinto sounds awesome!. Also it is much lighter than I thought it would be also. Unlike the Galaxy LP's that weigh a ton. So there light and have a very crisp sound to them and there LOUD too!. Been playing wood so long I forgot how loud fiberglass drums can be. My workshop at the World Rhythm Festival attracted about 80 people. I was in a small room and couldn't accomadate everyone that wanted in. It is an incredible festival. I haven't seen so many drums since my jammin days in Central Park in 1967-68. There are more drum owners per capita here in the Northwest(Seattle area) than any where else in the USA. But can they play?????......ummm.......It also seems that everyone here has been to Cuba and studied some form of drumming or dance or song in Cuba. Unbelievable. Even the Cubans in Miami arent that in tune with their own culture.......At your Service.. JC JOHNNY CONGA......
JohnnyConga

Postby RitmoBoricua » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:42 am

Hi. I am happy to hear your workshop was jammed packed, proof that the Northwest "Tiene Su Tumbao" too. As of now I narrowed down my search to the Pearl Elite or Toca Premiere fiberglass tumbas. Thanks for sharing your opinion on the Pearl Elite. :)
RitmoBoricua

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories