Replacement Rims

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby sticksnhands » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:07 pm

Where may I find replacement rims for Toca Limited Edition congas with gold plating? Does anyone sell used conga parts?I'll probably just have to get them replated,but I thought I'd ask.
sticksnhands

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:25 pm

HI S and H.. I personally have never seen gold plated rims on Tocas. I endorse Pearl Elite and they discontinued the G-plating and went with finished steel look,which I think is better than the chrome look or the G-plating . My gold plating eventually peeled away in time on mine. Now you may want to try LP they still do the G-plating rims, but I don't know if they would fit on the Tocas.....At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA...
JohnnyConga

Postby sticksnhands » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:55 am

Thanks Johnny,just to let you know I ended up getting my quinto rim replated ($125). The cost to replace the rim (thru Toca) was about the same,however I was concerned that I may encounter the same problem with flaking since the plating is done overseas.Found a great little mom & pop operation here in Tampa-Metal to Metal.
Love this site!
sticksnhands

Postby Michael S » Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:30 pm

Wow! I was tempted to get Toca L.E.'s but stayed away because of that gold plate. I really liked the gold plate with the Emerald Green. I have seen even the exorbitantly priced LP Hidalgo's peel, making an ugly drum even uglier. (Sorry if I offend; just my humble opinion.) I really liked that brushed steel on the Pearls (especially with the Tropical Blue) which I have on my Toca Traditionals, only in a more rustic look.
Good luck with the new plating SticksnHands and welcome to the site.
Michael S

Return to CongaSet and accessories