Conga Stands and Timbale bags

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby JDmonteca » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:54 am

I'm still searching for the most portable and durable stand up conga stands. My LP collapsable stands are great, but they are very heavy and they don't really stack or fold up in a way that is easy to carry.

I seen that Meinl makes a collapsible stand. However, I would like some feedback on them before I order some. I play LP Classics and I like them set high (about 16" inches from bottom of drum to floor). Will these fit the bill? Are they easy to set up, etc.? If anyone has tried them, please let me know.

Also, Meinl makes a timbale gig bag that I've been looking at that is a different design that looks like it would work well. Does anyone have any feedback on these? Thanks in advance.
JDmonteca

Postby Mike » Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:26 am

Well, concerning the Meinl stands: it´s not that easy to handle them because you have to fiddle with three bolts on each stand, but generally speaking they´re very good, sturdy and all. Ooops, let´s be careful! Do we mean the same stand ? I´m talking of STEELY II (i.e. second generation of Steely stand), but there´s also a more expensive model, the so-called TMC conga stand made by Meinl, top of the shop, but as a less well-off conguero I don´t use them ;) .

Hope I was of some assistance!
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby JDmonteca » Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:57 am

It's the TMC conga stand that I'm looking at. I'm with you on being less than well-off. But after some years of hauling gear in and out of little clubs and bars. I like the idea of a more portable collapsable stand. That TMC stand seems like it might fit the bill. I'm willing to invest if it does. I'm wondering if anyone else out there has tried them.

Here is the link: http://www.meinl.de/percussions/perc_2_8_30.html

Thanks again for the feedback.

JD
JDmonteca

Postby Mike » Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:30 pm

Yeah. TMC seems to be great, I´ve watched the Meinl website. I own the TMB Bongo stand which is very useful. Well, I´m not looking for a Conga stand at the moment, but the TMC seems to be IT! A great plus is that it is REALLY sturdy and you can adjust it fairly well to your height.
Some months ago Meinl had a promotion series inGermany, the new Exclusive models with the TMC for free... But it´s still an awful lot of money, though.

So, good luck!
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby JDmonteca » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:19 am

Although those stands are a little high if they fit the bill I might give them a try. My first set of drums were Meinl Marathon series congas and they were great for a starter set. I think they make a good product. Still debating the timbale bag though.

Side note: I just ordered a new set of conga gig bags from Racket Protection. I got a pair (conga and tumba bags) for $125 for what appear to be a superior bag. I've gotton some great feedback from some of the other news groups on these bags. You should check them out if your looking.

Thanks, again.
JD :D
JDmonteca

Postby JDmonteca » Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:22 am

Correction on the gig bag company name: it was Protection Racket.

Check out there website: http://www.protectionracket.com

JD
JDmonteca

Return to CongaSet and accessories