Timba Congas...Opinions? - Anyone use these and their thoughts

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Benjamin Esparza » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:50 am

I've heard a lot of great things about Timba Congas and was wondering if anyone here uses them and how they like them. I cannot, for the life of me, find any for sale in the used market or on Ebay. That might say something about their quality. I also noticed on their web site that there are very few retailers that carry them. This also makes it hard to play them and/or try them out. I saw Robertito Melendez playing a set of Timba's with Bobby Matos in Hollywood. There's also a picture of Poncho Sanchez with a Timba conga on his web site. Opinions?

Big Ben
Benjamin Esparza

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:57 am

:D Hi Big Ben.....When I was in L.A. about 3 years ago Robertito let me sit in with Bobby's band(they are both personal friends). I liked the crisp dry sound and the feel of the skins. They are typically cuban in design. You would have to try all the drums that are on the market today to see what fits your taste,style,sound,esthetics. I liked them,but I like all drums....At your Service..JC JOHNNY CONGA.... ;)
JohnnyConga

Postby 120decibels » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:58 am

Hey Ben,

In addition to Johnny's comments, I have heard through the grapevine that there is an approximately 6 month wait for Timba drums. I don't know if there is any truth to it, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Zach
120decibels

Return to CongaSet and accessories