The New Toca Elite Series Congas - Have you see then the new elites series

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby CJ » Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:24 pm

I am looking at getting the new toca elite series congas they have new finishes and they have a fiberglass model now.
CJ the drummer
CJ

Postby Bongo Boy » Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:06 pm

FYI, at http://www.musiciansfriend.com they're offering the pair for $429, and they throw in the matching Toca bongo. Very nice looking drums, I must say. The bongo shown has the traditional rims--not the same style as on the congas. They also have a blemished set for $330, same deal and I'll bet they're not all that 'blemished'. Doesn't say if these are fiberglass tho.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7....7

Edited By Bongo Boy on Mar. 28 2002 at 15:13
Bongo Boy

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:00 am

BONGObBOY DO YOU HAVE A SITE WE CAN CHEK THOSE DRUMS OUT? JC JOHNNY CONGA.............
JohnnyConga

Postby Bongo Boy » Sat Mar 30, 2002 5:17 am

You should be able to click on the URL in my message above. I just read on the site that their scratch and dent stuff is in limited quantities (gee, I'd hope so!!) and they won't tell you what the specific blemishes are.
Bongo Boy

Postby congabebe » Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:34 am

I bought 11 and 11 1/2 inch conga and quinto Toca Premiere series (red to black fade). I got them from AJ's Percussion in Tampa off ebay. Great price (buy it now price) and great shop to do business with. I think they are good drums. They tune easily and have a good sound. I wanted something that would be good in all weather conditions. And that would not be too expensive.
congabebe
congabebe

Postby Big fish » Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:45 pm

Just purchased Toca Elite conga/bongo kit at Musicianfriend.com

Good quality and prompt delivery.

My question is how should this 'set' be configured.

should they be arranged clockwise by size or some other pattern ?

also should the smaller conga , bongo be to the right or the left?
Big fish

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:11 pm

:D CONGRATULATIONS!...Get ready for the Ride!.....If your righty, the tumba(bass drum) to your right, and the conga between the legs. The bongos the same High=L Low=R. At your Service... ;) JC JOHNNY CONGA.....
JohnnyConga

Postby Bongo Boy » Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:36 pm

Well I just spent some time in the Guitar Center store that had both the Toca Elite and the LP Matador drums--all of which were tuned pretty low, which is typical in the store.

I'm definitely casting my vote for either of these drums--no real preference. I spent more time playing with the Matadors--mostly because I have LPs and JC had recommended them. I have to say I thought they both sounded crisper than my Giovannis--maybe because the room was 'harder' than my overdamped bedroom. But these were, I believe, all the drum that anyone would ever NEED, regardless of skill level.

This of course is an opinion of someone with less than 7 months of total hand percussion experience--so keep that in mind!!
Bongo Boy

Return to CongaSet and accessories