Meinl Artist Series Mongo Santamaria - can someone help me?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Bongo Boy » Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:30 pm

RayBoogie wrote:Also, I believe they [Galaxy Giovanni Series] cost $300 to $400 more than the MATADOR.

No...the Giovannis are from $150-190 more (each) than the Matadors.

Edited By Bongo Boy on June 05 2002 at 12:34
Bongo Boy

Postby RayBoogie » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:31 am

No...the Giovannis are from $150-190 more (each) than the Matadors.[/quote]
Bongo boy where do you live at? I ask because the price of the Giovanni's may vary from state to state.. ???

Edited By RayBoogie on June 05 2002 at 08:32
RayBoogie

Postby RayBoogie » Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:35 am

Bongo Boy wrote:
RayBoogie wrote:.

No...the Giovannis are from $150-190 more (each) than the Matadors.

Where do you live at Bongo Boy? I ask because the price may vary from state to state.
RayBoogie

Postby Bongo Boy » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:21 am

I'm in Colorado, but I got the prices from a quick sampling of internet places such as Musicians Friend, zzzounds, Mars Music, Music 123, etc., basically wherever I could find the drums.

I even found one or two places that were actually advertising list price--they must wonder why they never sell anything :)

Edited By Bongo Boy on June 06 2002 at 23:23
Bongo Boy

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:12 pm

OK guys Mongo once again didn't even like the wooden drums either from LP. If he did, don't you think he would have endorsed them???? Plus there was personality conflict between MC and Mongo. Guys I don't make this stuff up, OK?
I have known Mongo personally for over 25 years, I know of what I speak. Mongo has only ever played Cuban or Cuban style drums. Patato did help with design for his model conga, but I also know that a Frank Mason was the first in NYC to make fiberglass drums, and i know that cause I had 2 sets of Eco-Tone congas with the neck and without the neck that he made.. And MC took the idea when Frank went out of businessand had the where with all to start LP. I know this cause I'm from NYC and was there at this time of drum making history. At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA....
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:16 pm

LP was the First commercial maker of latin perc. instruments but there were quite a few drum makers in NYC at the time. MC just took it all the way,cause he could. But there were bell makers and drum makers but not on the production scale that MC took it to...... JC JOHNNY CONGA..... ;)
JohnnyConga

Previous

Return to CongaSet and accessories