Which set do you recommend?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby mikep » Thu Dec 27, 2001 6:23 pm

LP Giovanni Series or Meinl Woodcraft Series? Or any other suggestions would be great. I finally have some spending cash after selling my old car, I thought I might as well invest it into something worth while...

Peace conga bros,
MikeP
mikep

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Dec 28, 2001 3:48 pm

I recommend Pearl Elite Congas. One because I have been Endorsing them for 5 years, and i find them to be great sounding drums. Second the Meinls are good too. But to be perfectly honest if I had the money I would by me a set of MoPercs from Canada, Cuban Traditional model WOW. Ask Mike about them he has a trio of them. I just know looking at them they have to sound great. GOTO Moperc.com....At your service...JC JOHNNY CONGA...
JohnnyConga

Postby The Radman » Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:20 pm

If you have the dough, the Giovanni series are the best made, best looking and best playing congas in the world, BAR NONE! I have played the entire set of these instruments and there are none like it. Superior awesome tone and projection and unbelievable crack. I use quite a different set ; the Calient'e series, but I am using them primarily for recording. Still, if I had the money, I would not have to choose among any others....
Peace Love Electric RAD :)
The Radman.
Peace Love Electric RAD
The Radman.
The Radman

Postby benbaboon » Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:37 pm

Skin on Skin are rather awesome drums. I have a pair of them in new condition on sale on ebay.... checkem out.
benbaboon

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:13 am

:D Yo if u can get a pair of Jay's drums "Skin on Skin" get them u will not be disappointed, I'm with Benbaboon on this one.....UN-PA-KIN!.....JC JOHNNY CONGA..... ;)
JohnnyConga

Return to CongaSet and accessories