Players series Congas and Bongas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Postby Drummer1 » Thu May 31, 2001 7:36 pm

Is the Players series a good line of Begginer congas and bongas????
Drummer1

Postby spiff46 » Thu May 31, 2001 8:16 pm

Hello again Drummer1. I actually own a set of Toca Player Series 2800N congas. The set came with a stand and I got it for 赨. They work for me, but if you are looking to buy a set, my suggestion is to buy the best you can afford. I have played on various sets and I can tell you that the Toca's are not nearly as sensitive as some other higher end congas. By sensitive I mean the ease in which you can get different sounds from the drum by striking it differently. Also the stand that comes with the Toca's is kinda cheesy. If you want to play standing up, prepare to do some swaying cause the stand becomes very unstable in the elevated position. Hope this helps.
spiff46

Postby paulo da salvia » Fri Jun 01, 2001 1:03 pm

hi drummer 1,
i agree with spiff. It's true that the sound of a conga depends also from the skin and bla bla bla........ but normally more you spend for a drum, more better sound you get from it.
I actually play with Lp galaxy Giovanni Hidalgo: very expensive (about 1000 USD :angry:for conga+tumba) but i'm really happy:cool:.
My opinion is to buy the best you can: it's a great deal for your future!!!
Stay tuned!
Paulo
paulo da salvia

Postby Drummer1 » Fri Jun 01, 2001 6:38 pm

I cant aford a conga set over 300 bucks.
Drummer1

Postby Bill Losh » Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:21 pm

Check out e-bay, there is always someone wanting to sell. Know what you want before you bid. Ironicly the cheap stuff often sells for more than the quality drums. In my opinion, stay away from the LP aspires or Toca players or any other cheap 10" and 11" combos. Toca makes excellent drums but you have to step up to thier limited edition series. LP has a midrange called matador which is great. You might look at the new LP caliente series I don't really know much about them but if I'm not mistaken they come in 11"and12", which is a much better size. Good Luck.
Bill
Bill Losh

Postby Drummer1 » Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:03 am

I cant aford the Toca limited editions.
Drummer1

Postby Bill Losh » Sat Jun 02, 2001 12:42 pm

I made a mistake, custom deluxe, is the name for Toca it is the chrome equivalent of limited edition. There is a used one on e-bay right now. Do you live in the U.S.? If so, don't feel you have to buy from your local music store. Check out Sam Ash, 1-800-4samash, I think they sell the LP calientes for around 跇 the call is free. There are a lot of good drums out there buy the best you can afford, but in my opinion, to start make your smallest drum 11". Bill
Bill Losh

Postby Drummer1 » Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:57 pm

I will check them out.
Drummer1

Postby conga » Wed Jun 06, 2001 2:33 pm

hi there....this is my first look around here and it looks nice to me...i hope soon to share some thoughts and meanings with you, and thanks a lot to the creators of Congaplace.com

Conga!:-)
conga

Return to CongaSet and accessories