Crest Brand Congas

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

Crest Brand Congas

Postby drtom » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Orale Congueros!

I've come across a set of congas of a brand I'm not familiar with - Crest (or possibly Cresi?). Said to be a Japanese brand, but I have not been able to confirm this.
PXL_20221211_183342782.jpg

Anyone familiar?
PXL_20221211_183329285.jpg

I could fairly easily replace the long gone natural skins, since I have all the parts including the flesh hoops. However, I've been asked to go with synthetic skins.

I'll be grateful for any tips you can offer.
drtom

Re: Crest Brand Congas

Postby Chtimulato » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:16 pm

Hello.

Yes, I believe it's a Japanese generic model. There are several, with same hardware. This being said, they're not necessarily bad.

If you want synthetic skins, you've to measure the upper diameters of your shells (without skins) and the best would be then to try some skins in a music shop, this would avoid bad surprises if you order some on the web. You'll have to bring the crowns to the shop.
Chtimulato

Postby drtom » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:28 pm

I've been really busy so haven't dedicated myself to this particular project. Think I've figured out the skins issue though, but now I realize one of the side plates is broken.

Any ideas where I might find a replacement? Maybe someone has an old set completely out of commission with at least one good side plate left.

Thanks for any ideas you might share.
drtom

Postby Chtimulato » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:01 pm

I suggest you to go to an iron worker with a side plate.
Or to try a 3D print shop.
Can't help you further, sorry.
Chtimulato

Return to CongaSet and accessories