A Tempo Percussion brand congas?

Manufacturers, brands, skins, maintenance, stands, sticks, michrophones and other accessories for congueros can be discussed into this forum ...... leave your experience or express your doubts!

A Tempo Percussion brand congas?

Postby rhoff71 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:09 pm

Hello, I'm new around here but I am a player of 30yrs.
My question is about the congas offered by A Tempo Percussion of Peru.
Does anyone know how these congas sound and play? Not much on the internet that I can find except for the website itself that doesn't have many pictures.
I would like to see some reviews on their sound and build quality.
There is one quick video of one being played and just a few pictures.
The Jaspe Dos Tonos looks cool to me. Please let me know if there is any one familiar with these.

Thanks!
rhoff71

Re: A Tempo Percussion brand congas?

Postby Chtimulato » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:59 pm

Hello.

From what I've seen, they got the Valje hardware shape. I never played them, I guess they're hard to find out of South America.
They look nice, but many people seem to doubt they're sturdy, because of the glued little staves.

Someone I know in the USA (also forum member here I believe) bought a set of their bongó once, but he was not satisfied, but I don't remember why.

And I have a sad and sordid anecdote too : the owner of the brand has been shot down in the street in presence of his family a few years ago. I thought the brand was discontinued at the time, but it seems not to be the case.
Chtimulato

Re: A Tempo Percussion brand congas?

Postby rhoff71 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:29 pm

I have the same worry about being made like a butcher's block.
It has a cool look but introduces a ton more split potential.
The lower waist line is also something I am curious about.
Does anyone know what that does to the tone? I would guess good low end but possibly muddy, less focus?
rhoff71

Return to CongaSet and accessories