Extracting part of a conga tune for tuning or repeat

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Extracting part of a conga tune for tuning or repeat

Postby mtm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Its well and good for those who can sing Happy Birthday to tune congas but with my out of tune voice its not on.
I needed to isolate a good Quinto tone that was a reasonable start point to tune and get it to play same note every 2 seconds as I tuned my Quinto.
You can use this to extract what ever part of a Youtube piece of music you choose.
Download: “Youtube to mp3 downloader”
Go to the Youtube music or instruction clip and copy the address from the address line.
Open the “Youtube to mp3 downloader” program
Paste the address from the Youtube location in to the down loader box and press convert.
Save file to a location like “Music”
Download “Free MP3 Cutter”
Open Free download cutter, search and load the music MP3 file you saved from the down loader
You will now have the music in wave form, press play and when it gets just before the section you want to save click on start, move line to just past what you want to save and press end
You can play section saved and adjust back and forth until you get just the part you want.
Save your selection. I tried to attach a sample but Mycongaplace would not allow download of an MP3 file
Cheers MTM
mtm

Re: Extracting part of a conga tune for tuning or repeat

Postby drbongo42 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:03 pm

You should use Drumtune Pro app on your phone, or buy a Drum Bot tuner - makes things much easier. Tune the Quinto to C4 - here are some suggestions to tune your other drums to:
6 Drum Setup & Bongos.png
drbongo42

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises