What would you call this rhythm?

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Re: What would you call this rhythm?

Postby Anonimo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby onile » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:08 pm

Pero Que Saboooooooooorrrrrr!

Chacho! Si este trio tiene afinque y tiene sabor!

I have a collection of approximately 85 Trio songs, Los Panchos, Los Tres Ases, El Trio Vagabajeno, Trio Los Condes, and even some that were performed by Jose Feliciano!

Growing up with abuelita (Ibaye), this music was always playing, as was Orquesta Aragon, y otros grupos de charanga.

Now a days, clubs, restaurants will quickly employ a trio like this one before looking at a quintet, sextet or larger group.

Suave!
(I'm gonna check out more of this trio, Mil Gracias Leedy2)
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby Anonimo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:16 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Last edited by Anonimo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anonimo

Postby Miguel7 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:17 am

RitmoBoricua wrote:Miguel7,

No doubt ther are a lot of kool latin music that we do not hear about a lot nowdays. You have stuff like vals, mazurcas, danzas, mapeyes, milongas,etc.

Absolutamente! :D
I was learning a couple of those b4 I moved - can't wait to get my cuatro back from FL and start up w/lessons again. Those styles are very "kool" y muy tradicionales. Even on the percussion side, those styles are unique: I'm still learning some of the guiro patterns, not to mention the rhythm(s) that got this thread started.
Miguel7

Postby RitmoBoricua » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Miguel7,

Back home back in the day "Los Jibaros" played all those styles I mentioned on cuatro and of course if you have "el cuatro" then "el guiro" is right there too.
RitmoBoricua

Postby Hawker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:41 pm

leedy2 wrote:Ritmoboricua
"Trios" were bad ass.'' Bad ass is not the word these trios sold millions of records, traveled the world, yet some have died broke. Los Panchos today are very well liked in Japan who would think ! After all are died on of the last remaining members was always in Japan till his recent death Johnny Albino. I remember as a kid these guy were on TV show's ,on the radio 24-7.

Miguel
I have to congratulate you have taken a step which many do not in music and that the way you get to learn about music in reality. Today many just go with Rumba , reggeton, and all the crazy music out there yet maybe 1/2 know what they are playing or where it came from. Mostly all of the salsa music that is out there today started by guitar players. There was a very famous guitar player back in the 30 maybe 40's in Cuba that with a trio sang the news, Joseito Frenandez he sang all the current news of the day and most of them became interesting hits here is one them Guajira Guantanamera.

Here you also have an current trio you can hear 3 guys http://youtu.be/JOumwinH6v0 :lol: :lol: :lol: the conga player sometimes plays bongo others guitar very interesting.

Nice, liked that very much!
Hawker

Postby droid » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Miguel7 wrote: So when you mentioned "trios", was that like cuatro/guiro/bongos? It seems those are the main 3 instruments I've seen in jibaro music.

The main 3 instruments in Jíbaro music are cuatro, guitar and güiro. The guitar before the bongo.
droid

Postby RitmoBoricua » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Cuatro, guitar, guiro and bongo are the traditional instruments for Jibaro music, but I think since the late 70's or early 80's there was a trend that replaced the guitar with a bass. Also by the same token a newer generation expanded the instrumentation of Jibaro music an example of this is Pedro Guzman "Jibaro Jazz" also a new "Seis" was developed too called "Seis Salsa".
RitmoBoricua

Previous

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises