Maybe someone can help with what happens in this video

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Maybe someone can help with what happens in this video

Postby ChuyPu » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 am

ChuyPu

Re: Maybe someone can help with what happens in this video

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:16 pm

Sorry that Pakito isnt doing what he is doing in slow mo so you can break it down and he doesnt explain it either really...but he is coming off the edge of the drum, which is part of the mano secreto technique...which is using the 'fulcrum' of the hand off the edge and kinda of rolling out of it to the slap, then he incorporates a kinda 'funk' riff in between the exercise...thats what i got out of it...
JohnnyConga

Re: Maybe someone can help with what happens in this video

Postby ChuyPu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:29 am

JohnnyConga wrote:Sorry that Pakito isnt doing what he is doing in slow mo so you can break it down and he doesnt explain it either really...but he is coming off the edge of the drum, which is part of the mano secreto technique...which is using the 'fulcrum' of the hand off the edge and kinda of rolling out of it to the slap, then he incorporates a kinda 'funk' riff in between the exercise...thats what i got out of it...

I understand the first part which he plays eight strokes Which appear as a movement of
HHTTH HT S on the edge of the drum but I'm not sure about the funk section
ChuyPu

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises