Rudiments

A place where discuss about secrets, tips and suggestions for practicing on congas and to improve your skill and technique ...

Re: Rudiments

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Here is my favorite conga player in the world today....Eliel Lazo-Linares from Cuba....his rudimentary approach is killer ..his rolls phenomenal, chek out his videos or go to Facebook and see up close and personal his solo videos...he is the New young lion on the scene today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBm7Q6PQ41Y

I plan on bringing him to Seattle for a week for ME to study with him 'one on one'...you never to old to learn!...I just love the way he plays and his ideas are endless as well...he also has a New CD out too called "El Conguero"...
JohnnyConga

Postby troels » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Yeah, Eliel is on h... of a conguero. So happy that he is living here in Denmark. A great inspiration to so many Danish musicians. He even plays the Danish PJ congas! :)

T.
troels

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm

He is now a friend of mine and I look forward to having him in my home later on this year...one GREAT player and inspiration even for me at my age...I love seeing what is happening with the drum today and the players that are taking the drum to a whole other level..Eliel Lazo-Linares is NO.1 on my list...
JohnnyConga

Previous

Return to Congas Technique, Rhythms and Exercises