Introductions

Forum fully dedicated to the instrument

Introductions

Postby Panama Slim » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Greetings forum members,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I have been in love with the Bata for many, many years. I have been lurking around in the shadows all this time reading posts here, batadrum.com and the batadrum yahoo group and anything else I could find. I briefly studied Bata with Baba Adetobi in Cleveland and even more briefly with Carlos Aldama in the Bay area. My drumming interests always seemed to take a backseat to school, then work, then to my studies as a fresh Babalawo. Now I am moving back into a drumming phase and trying to make some serious headway. I have no illusions of become a maestro anytime soon, but, poco a poco, we'll see what happens.

I have been enjoying the contributions from many of the members and I have followed many of your suggestions for CDs, movies with Bata, and essays written online. The discussions so far have had a true scholar's feel, which I appreciate. I expect to learn a lot more about music, history and culture from this group. I hope that my novice questions do not offend. Any questions to me, ask away!

Panama Slim
Ona Ire o,
Panama Slim
Panama Slim

Re: Introductions

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Alafia Abure,
Welcome to the forum. Take a seat, put your feet up, help yourself to the drinks in the fridge, just watch out for Onile, dont fall asleep around him, he has a biting tendancy. :lol:
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Re: Introductions

Postby Panama Slim » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 am

I'll do just that! Thanks for the warm welcome.
Ona Ire o,
Panama Slim
Panama Slim

Return to Bata Drums