New Latin Jazz and fusion music

Let's talk about what can be found around that worth having..

New Latin Jazz and fusion music

Postby wjboricua » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Hello everyone! This is William Garcia Johnson. I have a new CD coming out called Flor de Vida. it is a fusion with Latin, jazz, world, contemporary, and rock. Over twelve studios were involved from Los Angeles to Belfast, Ireland including great musicians like luis Conte, Alberto Salas and more! You can read more about it at www.williamjohnsonmusic.com
wjboricua

Re: New Latin Jazz and fusion music

Postby Derbeno » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:10 pm

I like it when someone signs up just to sell us something
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby wjboricua » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:43 am

You could look at it that way if you were intending on being negative however it was not my intention to just "sell something"... why gripe about the cut in the latin Jazz category if not willing to support independent artists in it... I did not mean to offend you but apparently you were offended. There seems to be a lot of negativity in this forum. Sorry you felt offended. I pray you have a wonderful day and much success.
wjboricua

Postby jorge » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:19 am

Come on Derbeno, give the guy a break, he is promoting his music, which is more than we can say for a lot of others on this forum. Half the people on this forum are just buying and selling drums or promoting other people's drum sales and some of them can't even play, it is purely business, no culture or creativity involved. If you are going to complain, complain about them.
If we can't deal with someone who plays congas using this forum to promote his playing, then what is the point of having a forum called Congaplace.com?

Check out Descarga, track 9
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/williamjohnson2
Last edited by jorge on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorge

Postby burke » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I kinda see both sides.

I think promoting a latin jazz cd is aok - as well as yourself as a teacher [Mr Johnson's first post].

But on the other hand I seem to recall when I signed up there were some guidelines - one of which was the suggestion that you should maybe say a bit about yourself before jumping in.

I think that's universal. Kind of the electronic equivalent of introducing yourself at a party before you break out the sample case :)

So maybe tell us a little bit about yourself and welcome to the party :)

Darrell
Burke
burke

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:28 pm

As a DJ/Radio host for more than 30 years and counting i would recommend Williams new CD...very well done for his first release...I too have posted about my CD..I would be surprised if 10 people bought here at Congaplace...so you won't have many sales here...the support I thought WE had here, is really not there....there is over 1,000 of us here and I have been here for 10 years....and to this day Im gonna be honest..the support from everyone is not here...for what ever reasons...IMHO....
JohnnyConga

Postby Derbeno » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:09 pm

The days of CD sales is long gone. ot many people buy CDs which invariably contain good and mediocre track.

The market will prefer to buy download and target the tracks the really like. Already quite artist are skipping the CD production all together and offer their material as download only.
Personally, I cant remember when I last played a CD.
Attachments
Evolution-of-CD-sales-vs-downloads.jpg
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby bongosnotbombs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I enjoy CD's and really enjoy JC's CD. Digital files just don't tend to have the quality and I appreciate the liner notes, artwork, etc. Also I never have to worry about my hard drive crashing and losing my music. Also with the CD you eventually discover the 'sleeper' songs on the album. CD's are superior in nearly every way.
bongosnotbombs

Postby wjboricua » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Well I definitely do not want to be "that guy" that does not come off sincere so if I came off as one who only cares about my music then I apologize. For some reason I thought I made another post about myself but I see either I did not publish it or that was in another forum. Thanks for the support though. This post could have gotten pretty nasty and it didn't so thats good. If anyone doubts I am not all about self they could look at my other social sites an see that I interact with others. I too enjoyed JC's CD
wjboricua

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Ok guys chek out the album by Ray Baretto called "eye of the beholder" Salsa con Fusion...it's all been done before guys...and this is a killer album by Ray...on Atlantic records..chek it out...
JohnnyConga

Return to Books, Videos, CD and other stuff